Join us for a one-day workshop with Dr. Kristin Neff, a leading self-compassion researcher, author, and Associate Professor at the University of Texas Austin. The workshop is relevant for the general public as well as mindfulness teachers and mental health professionals looking to learn more about the benefits of self-compassion (a certificate of attendance can be provided for your CPD portfolio).
About Self Compassion
Self-compassion involves treating ourselves kindly, like we would a good friend we care about. Rather than continually judging and evaluating ourselves, self-compassion involves generating kindness toward ourselves as imperfect humans, and learning to be present with the inevitable struggles of life with greater ease. It motivates us to make needed changes in our lives not because we’re worthless or inadequate, but because we care about ourselves and want to lessen our suffering.
This workshop will provide simple tools for responding in a kind, compassionate way whenever we are experiencing painful emotions. Through discussion, meditation, and experiential exercises, you will gain practical skills to help bring self-compassion into your daily life. You will learn how to stop being so hard on yourself; handle difficult emotions with greater ease; and motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism. Practices will also be introduced to help ease stress for caregivers.
Specific Learning Objectives
- Identify the three key components of self-compassion;
- Describe key research that supports the benefits of self-compassion;
- Practice techniques to increase self-compassion in everyday life;
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than self-criticism; and
- Understand the role of self-compassion in caregiver fatigue.
- Information on self-compassion - including videos, guided meditations, exercises, research articles, and a way to test your own self-compassion level – is available at Kristin Neff's website: www.self-compassion.org.
- No prior mindfulness experience required.
- The price includes tea & coffee with pastries/biscuits during the breaks. Lunch is not included.
- The room is on the first floor (stair access only - no lift). Please let us know in advance if you have mobility issues or difficulty with stairs.
- Event registrants will automatically be added to Kristin Neff's mailing list to be kept up-to-date on her future events -- you can unsubscribe at any time.